Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Trip to The Islands, Vol. II 11.08.2013 - 15.08.2013

I recently went on a trip to Ilha de Tinharé to visit the city Morro de São Paulo and Ilha de Boipeba.
I had been to Morro de São Paulo before, but not to Ilha de Boipeba. Therefore it was with great joy I visited the nearly perfect spot in a state larger than France, with the real baiano hammock mentality and a sun that seemed to shine nearly every day - and if you want to see the pictures, please click here:

Domingo 11/08 2013: 
I start the day of by buying a ticket to Ilha de Tinharé, and more specific the city of Morro de São Paulo. I arrive at Morro de São Paulo around 16h15, and finds a pousada to sleep in. I experience some of the night life, and I'm relaxing in the hammock half an hour before I go to bed.

Segunda-Feira 12/08 2013:
When I'm at breakfast my whole body shakens by the thought of returning to Denmark. I can't wait to return home! Until then, I have lots to do here! I visit the Fortaleza that lies on the island and crawl up to one of the most beautiful places on Morro: Belvedere do Farol. From there you can se almost everything that goes on on the north part of the island. After that I visit the lighthouse, and goes down a place which is absolutely NOT meant for walking down. The instructors at the hang line thing also said that it was very, very dangerous and that I should come up - that was impossible so the only way was down. They cheered, though, when they saw me walking on the beach. When it becomes night I head back to the pousada and I confirm with the dude that I'm going to Ilha de Boipeba, and he knows a guy who can get me there. I say yes to it, and it is a deal: I'm going to Ilha de Boipeba. Yes!

Terça-Feira 13/08 2013: 
Today I am going to Ilha de Boipeba, and I'm going by speed boat. I arrive at Ilha de Boipeba after approximately 02 hours and 30 minutes with boat, so that would be around noon, 12h00. I'm walking up the beaches of "Praia de Boca da Barra" and "Praia de Cueira" but unfortunately I don't make it to Moreré, which I would love to. Why? Because for once I doesn't know my way around the island and it's getting dark, and secondly because it will rain within an hour - the time it takes for me to go from Boca da Barra to Moreré. So, I'm walking back to my pousada, and when I reach the door it starts pouring down for 2 hours. Lucky me.

Quarta-Feira 14/08 2013:
Today I'm hungry when I attend breakfast. I haven't been hungry the last couple of days and now it's a good sign with the breakfast: fresh fruit - watermelon, oranges and mamão - , coffe, bread, newly baked cake (some sort of marmory cake and chocolate) and some small sweets to the coffee. A dude walks up and tells me he owns a company that can transport me back to Morro de São Paulo, which I accept. It departures at 14h00 so I have a couple of hours to get to, and come back from, Moreré. I then pack my backs and checks out of the pousada. I pay the dude, and travel to Moreré. I don't make it, unfortunately since I had some problems on the way. So next time I will hit Moreré! I take the speed boat to Morro de São Paulo and arrives before dark. On our way we see dolphins! Though they were so shy that we couldn't take a close picture. What a shame... In Morro de São Paulo I find a place to eat some moquecka with French Fries, some rice and beans and a Guaraná. After that I go to a pousada and checks in.

Quinta-Feira 15/08 2013: 
I'm taking the catamarã to Salvador and the plan is to go to Praia do Forte from Praça da Sé over Terminal Rodoviária. The plan, however, didn't work out so I ate some lunch in Shopping Iguatemi and went home. The plan now is to go to Praia do Forte either next Monday or Tuesday, early on the day so I can make it in 1 day.

Evaluation Time!
The islands are a must-do if you are in Bahia! I would strongly recommend going there if you can. Combine it with sunlotion and a girlfriend, friends or family and you've got some of the best things in the whole wide world. To explain the beauty of it is impossible, since it would be equal to explaining a rainbow to a blind person.

No comments:

Post a Comment